Monday, January 26, 2009

Two-One

It’s taking me weeks to update my blog and even now I’m talking about things that have happened awhile back. So what! I told you I was not here to entertain, hell its one place where you can all vent it out without the slightest ado.
So here I am gibberishing about the most important thing that culminated this month. My Birthday.
The Day I Turned Twenty One (15th January)
Birthdays are always supposed to be fun, and my 21st was certainly one!
I never thought it to be fun really. See I come across as this unbelievably boring, lethargic bloke that doesn’t fit into the normal world. Firstly I find it impossible to make friends… a literally do! It’s tough you know! I can roast a chicken at Everest but I just cannot make friends….finding me a retard already? I have just started…
So here I am who is absolutely fuming like a chimney reclusively over the goons at my “KidVERSITY”. (Now that’s a whole new story that I just don’t have the time or the heart to tell) as I lay that night skimming through the text messages for the umpteenth time (told you I do not fit),it occurred to me that I have a birthday tomorrow. So why not have the most subtle of birthday parties ever? It had to be subtle because firstly it was my birthday and secondly I just wanted to be with people who I knew cared for me as much I do for them
Step one; find these elusive individuals. Not hard MA and Ace (self-proclaimed, recently found that out ;)
Step two; how to invite? Simple. Text your teacher, she’s all ready(cool chic, I have to add) then text Ace (easier said than done, it took him the whole other morning to reply back, apparently he was asleep, hmm envious me!)
With all the procedures and logistics done, I drove away to pick Ace and MA up. We opted for COPPER KETTLE. MA was nice enough to buy me a cake from the adjacent bakery which was luscious to say the least.
COPPER KETTLE has a lot of serenity to it, quite contrary to the name of the dishes though. (Son of a botch, Runaway Chic to name a few that I could spell properly).
We settled ourselves to a nice warm place in the corner and chatter away. MA and Ace were mingling themselves into a laughable debate that was both hilarious and fun.
I still don’t develop feeling of such strong emotion and happiness other than seeing other people celebrate and feel happy, I’m not being modest truly I’m not! But somehow happiness to me now is subjective to others.
MA gave me book titled “The 100” and Ace gave me a…uhh hmm a cup I guess with HAPPY BIRTHDAY carved out.
I loved the food, the presents and the people, it sounds touchingly boring, but hey three can tango just as well as two.

I felt sad too, MA is off to Yemen with an electric guy, I wished she had opened up earlier and we would have had more of the socio-analytical-sarcastic humorish outings. The Snape-Lady is all Snape would have been had he lived.
Ace is this all boyish intellect fun that guys usually are, but what makes him differ is his ability to trust and laugh wholeheartedly. Nice bloke.
The food was fantastic, I loved my dish No89. (What was that again MA?). So like all evenings and nights, this too had to come to an end, and so it did. I dropped them home and went away to where I live, thoroughly happy and thoroughly changed.
You don’t really need Obama to change lives now do you?

14 comments:

  1. You have some style but not really mature, may be your style and life needs to be brushed up a little, some spanking, some love care and attention, some critical viewing, some ...something more. Anyway i am glade that you don't munch your sentences, like lol, brb n so on, man when u speak you speak full heartedly and use the letters and words fully.Let me analyze you ( because i like doing it)that you are very confuse; want to do a lot of things but can't choose, though i guess you do have opportunity.Do let me know where i am wrong, wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. confused is correct! lot of things hardly make me sense to me... you do knw me do you? keep dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No we don't know each other,but we are liked in this space world by click of our fingers n fate. What are you confuse about? since you know that you are confuse then half the battle is won, all u need to do is bit of soul searching rather cleansing and there you are, exactly where you want to be.My best wishes with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No we don't know each other,but we are linked in this space world by click of our fingers n fate. What are you confuse about? since you know that you are confuse then half the battle is won, all u need to do is bit of soul searching rather cleansing and there you are, exactly where you want to be.My best wishes with you.( There was a serious mistake so i cut n paste the whole thing again, don't think i've gone mad.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm okay... well i respect what you hae to say but a mere blog is not gonna let me let out and tell someone everything about me (no pun intented).. see im an introvert.. people closest to me hardly know what im thinking... at times even me.. so try as you may.. im wont be budging.. no offence and i hope it wont detract you away from my obnoxious space;)
    ill see you around...

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was fettucino something... i can't remember now lol!

    you've probably guessed that i've got a lotta things to say about this post but i'm gonna keep it short..

    life needs to be lived. we need to feel the need to feel alive. (if that makes sense) so don't get yr hopes down already, yr barely 21. :) it may seem silly or beneath yr intellect sometimes to laugh with people who're cracking stupidest of jokes in yr KIDversity, but it's not all that bad to sometimes give it a go. or maybe with anyone else you find your groove with. it doesn't have to be yr alma mater where you find good friends.

    so stop worrying and start living, said dale carnegie. and even though he was probably the biggest pop psychology success story there ever was, you'd still have to agree that the guy did have a point there. :)

    ace needs to face a lot more realities in the future, i'm afraid. and i think he's just not ready for it right now.. so smaller doses, i suppose. and keep em coming. :)

    and yes. keep writing. it's therapeutic.

    hoping to read more.

    ps. don't worry about commentors who need to define you through your blog. after 5 years of blogging, i've learnt to take it with a pinch of salt, and so will you!

    ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "a mere blog is not gonna let me let out and tell someone everything about me"
    Is blogging about telling people about you? or it is to express you? i may be wrong.I don't mean to turn you up side down or inside out, i just want to express myself about you. You may call me an intruder or yourself an introvert, but do you realize that in the process you are telling me about yourself......can you see how? Anyway i am waiting for your next blog or next page of your ' dear diary'. Happy writting.
    ( i hope you don't have to swallow my comments with pinch of salt ).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This guy needs spelling tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @MA,
    you had to comment didnt you? lol i even emailed it to you to make sure you read it no matter how immature it may be:)
    i have never considered life to be a burden or that i have had the urge of not to life.. no... its just that most of the times i find the whole kaldieoscope rather bleak! if you know what i mean.
    Making friends is a rational exercise which im just not able to exercise properly.Tried it, done it all.. doesnt work unfortunately..

    Crap!you told me pop psychology is pseoudo:(

    Ace is wonderlandish agreed, but then again maybe you donot need to change that... thinking is critcal to your mental (stability);)
    oh i wont be forsaking "blogging" in a hurry it is as i quote you *therapeutic*.

    @Anonymous,
    mr\miss\madam
    i can only imagine why would you like to venture your analysis into another persons' life who just wont let you.(again no pun intented.
    MA wont advice you wrong, for starters.. she is a psychologist:)
    oh i love my salt dont you? it enchances taste!..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess you are right may be I should not interfere or intrude in your life or blog. Honestly speaking I thought you would be writing more short story type stuff and I would be learning from you. However, we end up pinpointing at each other. I am sorry I do not want to be a nuisance in your life. You have yours and I have mine, most probably a happy one (because mine is). As for your analysis, you yourself started with YOU.

    “I was never the perfect kid for my parents. They dreamt of me as the kid that will make their heads held high in pride, someone who they can proudly relate to…. How badly mistaken they were…
    At times when I look back at my great depression I realize that I had become a vulture; void of feelings, void of any belonging… all that matter to me was me…”

    The above are your words and they were for public eyes…..I responded to tell you that you are being HEARD, if you didn’t like it sorry for that.
    Secondly, I do not need any psychologist, I am happy with my life, very content and I can always find solution to my problems myself. There are no complications in my life, I make friends very easily, and I am happy whatever God has given me. Very simple and old saying I believe and follow, I would advice you too to follow that, “Count your blessings AND blessing only “.
    Salt is most essential ingredient of life but take it with some sugar. Enjoy life, you are too young to start messing up already. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anonymous ,
    wow,okay you precisely echo what i meant to say... well its bound to be about me.. because i own the space dont i?... my writings should only be to my concern shouldn they?
    and who am i to question your life and its countless blessings good for you and i hope you have them more if you wish... keep reading it keep giving your input but hey at the end of the day.. kindly donot assumme that people may adhere to it... assumptions is a mother of a very famous *curse* word..
    again ill stress no pun intented whatsoever.. just the way i look at things..
    PS:ure being subjective to the psychologist rather then objective..
    have a nice day..

    ReplyDelete
  12. yaar ye tum log english k itnay motay motay lufz kikh kar kiya sabit karna chahtay ho.Every one has the right to hide some or every part of his or her real personality but atleast name sudnt be abbriviated.....its me Abbas

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey wait a minute..int u turn 22?how cud u turn 21 if i turned 22...
    m i missin smfn dwn the memory lane...
    n ya u knw wat..nt being able 2 mk frnds at times..dz cum as a blessing 2..u knw...
    thts wt ,mny ppl wud realize wen the yv over done frnds n frndshp...
    s b hapy wid da way u actualy r...

    ReplyDelete
  14. depends what you objectify and subjectify..
    btw where have you been lately?
    PS: ure the girl here not me;)

    ReplyDelete